Friday, April 21, 2006

My son is an actor

Yesterday, I went to pick up my son from his last dress rehearsal. Tonight is opening night. I got there a little early, so I went into the dressing area to wait. There were several people in there, including Patrick. A couple were reading books. A few others were chatting. Patrick was laying back in a chair with his eyes half-closed

In the corner is a television that is hooked up to display what is happening on stage. No one was even watching it however.

I asked Patrick, "Aren't you in this scene?"

"Yes."

"Shouldn't you be getting ready?"

"Henry still has to get through the rocking horse speech."

"Oh," I said, hoping that he really knows what is going on.

About four minutes later, as if on cue, every single person there (except me) stood up simultaneously and marched up stairs. They were calm and relaxed and showed up just in time to walk out on stage, in character, to do there stuff. Patrick was right in there among them. It seemed impressive to me.

I am one proud papa.

No comments: