Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Don't go in the house

Yesterday afternoon I got an interesting call from my son. It went something like this:

"Hi, Dad," (shaky voice)

"Patrick, what's wrong?" (worried voice)

"I tried to call Mom three times, but I couldn't get through." (Great, second fiddle to Mom again)

"Well, she will be home soon to get you. Just be patient."

"OK, but I when I got home the front and back doors were both wide open."

"WHAT?! Where are you now?"

"I am in the house."

"WHAT?!"

"Don't worry, I checked the whole house and there isn't anyone here."

"WHAT?!?!?! You go outside, in the front, on the street and wait for you Mother there."

"It's OK, I took the dog with me."

Yea, our dog is a major wimp. Once, I woke up and saw her backing into our bedroom with her hackles up. I thought there was an intruder, but it turned out to be one of our own cats that she was afraid of.

Needless to say I am trying to come up with a new phrase for this emergency situation. Something like "Stranger Danger", but I can't think of anything cute. The best I have is "Front Door Open? BAD, go to the neighbors!"

No comments: