Monday, June 12, 2006

Where is China?

My oldest daughter is starting to figure out that she is a little different. We have done a pretty good job with trying to explain things and it helps to have an adopted sister. She sees all that has happened since Kaitlyn has come into our lives. Also, we have tried to instill in her a since that being Chinese makes her just like us only with a little extra special something. Being Chinese is a special add-on and takes nothing away from her.

Anyway, I have been making some movies about our adoption trips. Basically just slide shows set to music with a few actual movie clips thrown in. They are turning out pretty good. (I will try and put them somewhere for download). So, Emily thinks the movies are pretty cool and she now wants to go to China.

I have tried to explain that China is far away. She asked, "How far, can we go there tomorrow?" I explained, "China is very far, it is across the ocean." She give me a blank stare for about 10 seconds and then laughs, "You're teasing me!"

I guess that I have told too many whoppers to her. I never could convince her where China really was. She wouldn't believe about the ocean until other members of our FCC (Families with Children from China) explained that China really was across the ocean.

No comments: