Monday, June 26, 2006

Learning to Push Buttons

Kaitlyn (our youngest) has figured out a new and exciting game. She has determined that Emily won't defend herself very much. Oh, every once in a while, Emily will get in a tussle with Kaitlyn, but most of the time she will just sit and cry/scream/whine. Kaitlyn has figured out that she can take one of the toys that Emily is playing with, move about 10 feet away and Emily will just throw a fit. Kaitlyn won't even play with the toy, she just stands there and watches Emily. Sometimes, it even looks like she has a slight smile on her face.

Yesterday showed us a very good example. Emily is playing with the Brio Train Set, trying to build a really long train with all of the cars. Kaitlyn picks one up and walks away. Emily sits there screaming and crying. After a few minutes, I intervene and make Kaitlyn give it back and attempt to distract her with something else. A few minutes after that, I notice Kaitlyn sneaking up behind Emily. Quick as a rattler, she bends down, grabs one car and then heads for the hills. It is so cute to watch her run, Kirsten and I burst out laughing. Which was probably the wrong choice.

Finally, Kirsten calms Emily down and gets her to try and trade something to Kaitlyn for the train car. Kaitlyn obviously hasn't learned the value of things, because she gave up a nice train car that moves for wooden block with a picture of the Cookie Monster glued to it.

1 comment:

Basket full o' Plums said...

Hi Eric and the crowd,
I tried to download Kaitlyn's video, because I thought it would be fun to see some pictures of our trip, but something about the program I had to download was not liked by my firewall. I don't know exactly what the problem was.

I don't know if you saw my post back to you on my blog, but you're welcome to post a link to my blog if you'd like!

Take care!
Laura