Thursday, May 24, 2007

My learning disability

The other day, one of our auto's was in the shop, so I and the girls drove in to pick Kirsten up from work. Unfortunately, a dog came in at the last minute that needed an emergency C-Section. So, while we were waiting Emily, Kaitlyn and I went across the street to McDonald's. The food isn't that great, but they did have a nice play structure to keep the girls entertained.

After forcing them to eat at least one chicken nugget each, I let them onto the structure. Emily was off like a shot, as usual, but I was surprised to see how easily Kaitlyn was climbing inside of those tubes. Generally Kaitlyn needs a lot of coaxing to do anything like that.

Anyway, as I should have know, she gets all the way to the top and is too scared to come down the slides. As a matter of fact, she is too scared to go back down the way she came up. I should have known better. So, there she is at the top yelling, "'ary Daddy, 'ary". I am trying to coas her back down from outside, and talk Emily through coaxing her back down. I hope the other parents were too annoyed with us.

Finally, I gave in and climbed up the large twisted slide to get her. Those things are smaller than they look.

Then, I did something really stupid!!!! I let her go back into the play structure. She convinced me that she was going to go down the slide by herself. What was I thinking? She gets back in there and repeats her performance. After a couple more minutes of "'ary Daddy, 'ary" (I am pretty sure people were getting annoyed now), I am climbing back up the large (but narrow) twisty slide to get her.

No comments: