Monday, January 15, 2007

Interesting Times

Many of you have probably heard of the infamous ancient Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times". Well, I brought the curse on to our family last week. You see, I was looking at our blog last week and realized that I hadn't written anything in a couple of weeks. I was somewhat startled, because I generally try and update the blog every week, I feel that I owe it to our two regular readers :-)

Anyway, there I set, in front of a blank page on the computer. After a few minutes however, I realized that I had nothing to say. There was nothing going on in our family that was worth writing about. Things were good, we were happy, but there was nothing really happening. So, then I went and did it. I thought, "I need something interesting to happen."

So now, the last few days HAVE been interesting. All three children have been running a constant fever. Two of them vomited (one several times). My wife and I are still well, but I don't expect that to last very long. On the plus side, the sickest was my 12 year old son. He doesn't require as much care like the girls. Also, when Emily threw-up, she did make it to the bathroom sink first, which is much better than almost everyplace else!!!

The good news, is that all the fevers broke last night and everyone is doing much better today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the illnesses. By the way, glad to know you know that saying is a curse (I've heard people say it's a blessing). Also, I've read that someone in the U.S. made it up and it's not actually an ancient Chinese proverb. Just like, I guess, fortune cookies aren't from China, either.